Air Duct Cleaning & HVAC System Inspections
Commercial, Industrial and Municipal Air Duct Cleaning and HVAC Inspections
Regular air duct cleaning and HVAC system inspections are vital to creating a safe, healthy work environment. It’s important not only for your employees and customers, but can also affect your business’ bottom line.
Your facility’s Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) will directly impact anyone who suffers from asthma, allergies or other respiratory ailments. Taking steps to reduce or eliminate potential air pollutants and irritants will create a more comfortable work environment and a healthier, more productive workforce.
Like any other mechanical device, a clean HVAC system operates at a higher efficiency than a dirty one. Regular duct cleaning and inspections will mean lower operating costs and will also prolong the life of all parts of the HVAC system. Per the NADCA Standard for Assessment, Cleaning & Restoration (ACR) of HVAC Systems, it is recommended that the air handling units (AHU) and ductwork be inspected once a year.
Air duct cleaning and HVAC inspections should always be part of a disaster response and recovery effort. Contaminants left behind after a fire, storm damage, hazardous waste spill or other catastrophic event very often find their way into HVAC system components and ductwork. They will remain to be redistributed throughout the workplace long after restoration is complete.
HVAC Air Duct Cleaning vastly improves Indoor Air Quality
Our technicians perform thorough HVAC inspection, cleaning and decontamination procedures according to stringent industry and government standards, including:
- NADCA ACR Standard (Assessment, Cleaning and Restoration of HVAC Systems)
- IICRC 5520 (Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation)
- New York City Department of Housing
- Environmental Protection Agency’s Guidelines on Mold and HVAC Systems
NADCA-Certified Air Duct and HVAC System Inspection
Air duct and HVAC system assessment begin with a thorough inspection across all parts of the facility’s ventilation system:
- Air ducts (return ducts, supply ducts)
- Blowers / air handling units
- Heat exchangers
- Cooling coils
- Condensate collectors and drains
- VAV boxes
- Registers and diffusers
IRS’s end-to-end inspections include every component of the HVAC system
Our technicians use state-of-the-art technology and equipment to meticulously inspect each component for dirt, dust, pollen and other pollutants that have been pulled in through ducts and vents during operation. We use cameras to find all visible contaminants through the length of the ductwork. We examine ceiling sections, registers and grills for any sign of mold, bacteria, insulation damage or dust buildup.
HVAC System and Air Duct Cleaning and Sanitation
Insurance Restoration Specialists’ HVAC end-to-end system cleaning process incorporates all elements of the system and its surrounding areas:
- Vacuum air handling unit interior components
- Clean blowers
- Clean ductwork, vents, registers
- Replace filters
- Clean coils
- Flush and clean all drains
- Deodorize and sanitize if needed
IRS HVAC system cleaning removes mold, bacteria, dust and other contaminants to improve indoor air quality (IAQ)
Air Quality and Operations Review
Our experts will review HVAC maintenance and standard operating procedures to identify any conditions that may negatively impact indoor air quality:
- Is a regular HVAC maintenance cycle followed per the manufacturer’s guidelines?
- Is HVAC operation cycled properly with building use schedule?
- Are chemicals and contaminants stored and used safely in relation to HVAC system components?
- Are proper temperatures and humidity levels being maintained?
- Are fumes and exhausts from equipment and shipping bays properly ventilated away from the HVAC components?
- Is there regular use of pest control chemicals that may affect HVAC systems?
Cleaning Pharmaceutical and Biohazard Ventilation Systems
These specialized environments require the IRS expertise to meet rigorous industry air quality systems requirements:
- Containment and cleaning of pharmaceutical systems
- Cleaning of biosafety and animal biosafety facilities
- HEPA and ULPA systems